Click here to view a detailed version of the map.
Aiguillon is the fourth map of the game, it was released in April 9th 2013 with Patch 1.17. It was exclusive to the Steam version of the game until the release of Awesomenauts Assemble! for the PS4.
Background[edit | edit source]
Legend tells the story of a giant cranky porcupine that wandered through space. Furious at the sun for burning his eyes, he charged and killed both the light and himself
His prickly remains now orbit the dead sun and gave home to the Kremzon, a crude and devious species that spend most of their time in bustling cabarets and smokey cafés. Aiguillon's thorny rings conceal a mythical temple, rumored to hold the power of invisibility.
Drop pod path and minimap[edit | edit source]
Stealth Orb[edit | edit source]
Aiguillon has a special pickup called the Stealth Orb. It grants 20 seconds Invisibility to any 'naut that touches it, and respawns after one minute. The Orb appears shortly after a match begins, and will remain there until it is picked up.
As of Patch 2.8, players can now see a bar indicating how much time is left on the Orb's invisibility effect (see below).
Hide Areas[edit | edit source]
There is a large Hide Area on the top of the map, which also contains a Healthpack inside. The outer Turrets in the bottom lane also have a hide area in front of them. Another hide area is present in the bottom of the map, which also contains a healthpack. Both teams have a large hide area behind their respective team walls.
Creep Areas[edit | edit source]
There are 6 Creeps on the map. One is behind the team wall for both teams and two are in front of each team wall. Killing them will drop a small Healthpack that restores 250 Health, and grant 5 xp, plus 3 Solar.
Tips and Tricks[edit | edit source]
- The Kremzon statue in the background of the stealth orb chamber will open its eyes when there are 'nauts inside the room, even if they are stealthed.
- The outer turrets in the bottom lane will shoot at enemy 'nauts even if they are within the Hide Areas right in front of them.
- Picking up the Stealth Orb cannot give the Pinot Noir effect to Leon, but it can activate the Surprise Party Mask.
- A loud sound is played when the Stealth Orb respawns.
- When on Aiguillon and your team has access to the stealth orb, let the teammate that can benefit from it most use it. A Clunk can use the suprise a lot better than Genji or Leon.
- If you have a stealth character on your team, allow a non-stealth character to pick up the Stealth Orb. You can then both follow around your visible teammate and wait for an enemy to attack them,and then do an ambush attack to gank and suprise them.
- Skree can place his totem on top of the glass platforms just above the middle jump pads to trap enemies between the pads and the totem. Some nauts are completely incapable of escaping from this situation on their own (due to not being able to attack upwards) making them an easy kill. This can be a particularly effective tactic against enemies that have pushed up toward your bottom turrets, in order to block one of their escape routes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During its very early beta phase, this map was called "Terrain Kremzon" and had Solar Bosses as well as a fully grown tree bearing fruit that could be destroyed for health.
- Aiguillon is the homeworld of Leon's race, the Kremzon, making him one of the few Awesomenauts to fight on his own planet.
- The neutral creeps on this map are shown in the icon of Solar Krab Burgers upgrade.
- The stone head statues and hidden areas could be a reference to the Metroid game series, which feature similar looking statues in some of its earlier games.
- The temple with the eye could also be a reference to Battlestar Galactica, in which the humans discover a algae planet where they come across a temple which holds the secrets to The Eye of Jupiter.
- The music track released along with the map is also named The Eye of Aiguillon.
- "Aiguillon" means "sting" in French (Leon's native language).