Note: These roles are not absolute. 'nauts may excel in multiple roles at the same time and may be able to perform well in roles that are technically not available to them.
- Adept at killing isolated or vulnerable targets or putting them in this position in the first place.
- Effective at chasing and escaping.
- Lower than average health.
- Excels at dueling.
- Tends to be more effective at melee/short range.
- Average health pool.
- Long range, (relatively) short cooldown abilities.
- Effective at wearing down the enemy's health from a safe distance until they can move in for the kill or force a retreat.
- One or more tools designed to keep enemies away from them.
- Usually better at indirect combat.
- Tends to require teamates' protection.
- Teamfight-changing abilities.
- Wide array of helpful tools.
- Typically better during the late game.
- Very large health pool.
- Able to mitigate or nullify damage taken.
- Typically dangerous to approach and engage.
- Excels at protecting more vulnerable teammates.